Today while waiting for some other supplies to come in, I decided to work on the strip along the far left edge of the original layout. This is the strip as you may recall that had a gravel base for the Allied Chemical siding. Earlier, I had cleaned off the gravel and reapplied fine green turf ground cover in preparation for planting a row of new trees along this edge.I really don’t like the look of just plain old fine green ground cover, so I pulled out a package of Bachmann static grass that I had purchased awhile back and forgot I had actually, and went to work. This product is relatively new I think and comes in a fairly small package. However, when you open the container, the static grass is actually folded up inside. This particular package had 6mm length grass.I applied this grass not only down the left edge of the layout, but also filled in the dirt area over on the right hand corner where DB Tower once was. Being that this was the first time working with this product and static grass in particular, I must say I’m pretty pleased with the results. To finish these areas, I sprinkled and applied a small amount of lighter green coarse ground cover to give a variation. Photos below show the result of today’s work.
Published by stevecampbell60
I have been a railfan since the age of 6, and a modeler since the age of fourteen. This is my first fully (well not quite) completed model railroad. I fell in love with trains early in life, ride them when I can, have volunteered on many steam fan trips and have ridden many more steam excursion trips, have belonged to several model rr clubs, and did a stint as a brakeman/conductor on a midwest regional railroad. My layout was published in Model Railroader magazine in 2016. I hope all of you enjoy the ride here on my sites! I now have the second blog/website up for my other hobby: wargaming with Flames Of War. I have been involved in wargaming off and on since my teens...... View all posts by stevecampbell60