Project for the Hitop…..

I just started on this project for the layout, my Athearn Genesis series PL&E GP38-2. After masking off all the windows, headlights, and number boards, I sprayed the entire locomotive with Vallejo black grey paint. I then applied some Vallejo dirt to the pilots and trucks as well. After drying, I next applied soot black powder to the roof around the stacks, plus on both sides of the fuel tank. I then added brown powder to the fuel tank. This to match the prototype photo of 2058 I have. Both powders are self adhesive powders from Monroe Models. I then sprayed the couplers with Vallejo rust. I’ll need to touch up a few areas after sealing, plus apply some chipped paint areas on some of the handrails. Here’s progress so far:

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.