I thought I was finished with my GP38-2 project. That is, until I stepped back to look at both it and the prototype photo. It just didn’t look finished, so today I went back to work on the locomotive. I added a bit more dirt to the cab doors, plus some extra soot around the exhaust stacks. I also per the prototype rusted up the handrails more, plus dirtied up the stanchions, although the photos for some reason don’t show the extra dirt. I also added more grime to the lettering, and streaked some of it down the side per the prototype. After resealing the locomotive, now I consider it finished!
Published by stevecampbell60
I have been a railfan since the age of 6, and a modeler since the age of fourteen. This is my first fully (well not quite) completed model railroad. I fell in love with trains early in life, ride them when I can, have volunteered on many steam fan trips and have ridden many more steam excursion trips, have belonged to several model rr clubs, and did a stint as a brakeman/conductor on a midwest regional railroad. My layout was published in Model Railroader magazine in 2016. I hope all of you enjoy the ride here on my sites! I now have the second blog/website up for my other hobby: wargaming with Flames Of War. I have been involved in wargaming off and on since my teens...... View all posts by stevecampbell60